Marketing Assistant: Canada Summer Jobs Position
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Director of Communications and Community Awareness to help share the CACAC story and build community engagement and support.
This is a part-time temporary position working 24 hours/week for 13 weeks to begin June 1st, 2021 or once a suitable candidate is found. Hours of work will be primarily daytime hours during the week, with some flexibility required for evenings and weekends as special events arise.
- Social media content planning, curation, and development
- Copywriting for social media and emails
- Updating website
- Digital marketing and brand development
- Event planning and support
- Special projects as assigned
- Media relations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Currently enrolled (or recent graduate of) for communications, marketing, or business administration.
- Strong communications/writing skills; a storyteller.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office 365.
- Experience in social media content creation, engagement, and management with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience in MailChimp considered an asset.
- Knowledge of graphic design software including Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Basic understanding of WordPress considered a plus.
- A creative mind with the desire to learn more and utilize your skills to make a change in our world.
- Collaborative and a team player with the ability to work independently.
Interested in creating valuable content that helps the children of our community? Want to work for a team that values integrity, diversity, and inclusion? Are you looking to gain experience and develop your communications and marketing skills? We want to hear from you!
Please submit your applications, including cover letter and resume with “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line and include 2-3 samples of your previous work (creative portfolio) with your CV and letter of application. Show off your skills – this can include past blog posts, media posts, marketing plans, design files, photography/video examples.
Application deadline is May 7th, 2021.
CACAC Hole In One ContestJune 16 - 16, 2021
Every Swing Supports
Location: Red Deer Golf & Country Club
Date: June 16th (more dates to come @ RDGCC)