Duties and Responsibilities:
This part-time role is responsible for administrative support for a variety of bookkeeping duties including financial transactions, management, and reporting of the Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations and CEO to aid in daily administrative financial procedures alongside the external bookkeeper and auditor.
Part Time: 8-16 hours
- Administers daily financial and accounting transactions, ensuring an accurate and organized system is maintained.
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data.
- Coordinate with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit. Support the CEO in development and analysis of annual organization budget.
- Provides assistance with donor data base and other financial processes in fundraising activities.
- 5 years of relevant, varied, and progressive experience
- Not for profit or grant management experience considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English proficiency
- Experience working with QuickBooks or comparable financial program
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Committed to accuracy and concise detail tracking and management
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and private data
- The successful candidate will provide a clear criminal record check and possible further security screening, as identified from time to time
Part-time hours: 8 per week
Application deadline: 2021-09-03
Job Type: Part-time
Transforming Practices: Breaking Silence, Building SafetyMay 28 - 29, 2024
Transforming Practices Conference returns for a second year – May 28 & 29
Rebels Community Corner – October 24thOctober 24, 2023
Help us #GoBlue at the Go Blue Day game!